Coachella 2024

Coachella+2024

Coachella is a music and art festival that is held annually at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California. It was co-founded by two men; Paul Tollett and Rick Van Santen. 

Since its creation in 1999, Coachella remains the highest grossing and most attended festival in all of North America. For 2024, the dates for Coachella spanned from April 12-14 and April 19-21. 

Some artists that attended this year’s Coachella were Lana Del Rey, Doja Cat, Tyler, The Creator, Peso Pluma, Sabrina Carpenter, and Ice Spice. 

Throughout the festival, Coachella’s food program provided different types of food from different types of restaurants. This includes vegetarian, vegan and gluten free meals. 

This year, tickets for general admission into the festival started at $499, while VIP passes were $1,000 with additional fees. 

WJPS 11th grader Aisha Ismail, said, “Coachella was so fun to watch and listen to, although I didn’t go, I enjoyed watching YouTube videos of my favorite YouTubers there and TikTok videos. I also really enjoyed all of the outfits, they were super cool.“

WJPS 11th grader Erica Lin said, “I thought that Coachella was really entertaining. There was a diversity of music artists and groups like ATEEZ and LE SSERAFIM that were able to perform.”

Jenny Lewis at the Coachella Festival (cropped)” by Jared Eberhardt (jaredeberhardt) is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0.