What Causes Addictions?

As we grow up, from young teenagers to adulthood, we are told things that are right from wrong. 

In this generation, many kids are rebellious and act out to fit in. However, what they don’t realize is how bad this could affect them in the future. 

Due to stress of being a teenager, and social pressures, many others constantly try to prove themselves as “cool” in today’s society. 

Wrong friend groups will have you stuck in a continuous loop hole, that are sometimes hard to leave.

If you surround yourself with people who ultimately make wrong choices, such as drinking or doing drugs, that will have a major influence on your choices and decisons as well.. 

When you develop such bad habits at a young age, these habits could rapidly develop into  common unhealthy habits.

Alcohol and drugs are known to be easily addictive, even when you believe you could never get hooked on it if you do it once or twice. 

“The thrill of it is what causes addiction and then it just turns into a habit,” said WJPS senior, Sasha Romero. 

“To me, love causes addiction. If you really think about it all comes down to the fact of feeling alone and having fears of life continuing without you,” said WJPS senior, Sabrina Micallef.

“Iran party” by mishox is licensed under CC BY-NC 2.0