Planning College Visits

Visiting a college campus is an important step for many in choosing a college. It allows students to observe the environment and community, as well as learn about programs, classes, and requirements. 

Many current juniors and sophomores will start visiting campuses this summer to give them an idea of ​​what college is like and to learn more about the college admissions process.

According to the College Board, the ideal days for visiting a college are Monday through Thursday, while Friday isn’t an ideal day because students and staff may have social activities after classes. It is recommended to visit campuses in late summer and early September before senior year.

Students can schedule a visit by contacting the college’s admissions office and making a reservation, either in-person or online. The visit provides an opportunity to ask questions of students, faculty, and financial aid and admissions staff.

WJPS junior Alana Azad said, “Visiting college is a splendid opportunity for everyone, especially to the one who isn’t sure about what kind of college they want to apply to.”

Another WJPS junior, Thekli Chronis, said, “Visiting college in summer is a good option, since people can understand more about the school and also the process.” 

University College” by Lawrence OP is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0.