Pursuing Majors

Pursuing+Majors

National College Decision Day, which was on May 1st, indicated the deadline for students to submit their acceptance to colleges and deposit the amount needed to attend the four-year college or university. This commitment for students may be a tough decision and can be life-changing for them.

Although some students are going in as undecided, and some may change their majors along the way, many students at WJPS will be pursuing different majors at different colleges.

WJPS senior Nicole Freyeisen, said, “I’m going to QCC [Queensborough Community College], and I’m going for psychology. This school is affordable, and me and my family need that right now, so it’s the best option for me.”

Another WJPS senior, Trinity Andujar, said, “I’m going to Siena College, I’m doing political science, and I went with Siena College because I wanted to be somewhat close to home still, but have enough distance to be my own person. Also, Siena is the number one college for getting a job in New York and is a relatively small private college which is great because I’m used to small schools.”

With that being said, most seniors have already committed to a college and can now prepare for the next chapter of their life.