WJPS’s Annual Winter Talent Show

World Journalism Preparatory School recently held their annual Winter Talent Show. The show included performances by middle and high school students who sung, danced, and even read poems. The show was put together by Ms. Douvres.

Nicholas Martinez, a sophomore student at WJPS, said, “The surprise performance from the teachers was the best part, I love seeing the school come together and celebrate.”

The talent show was held on the last day of school before winter break. From seventh period to eight period, the whole school was invited to watch.

The show was filled with surprises, such as Ms. Smith, WJPS’s new gym teacher, singing “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” from “The Wizard Of Oz” and a performance from Mr. Van Deurs that excited the crowd.

There was also a duet from Mr. Petrotta and 12th grade student Toni-Ann Whyte. Seniors Adrian Singh and Sawey Hall showed off their vocal talents alongside WJPS principal, Dr. Werner.

Sixth grader Sophia Cangialosi stated, “The talent show was great. This is my first year here at WJPS and this was really fun to watch. I hope next year I can be in it too.”

The seniors ended the show with their act that took the audience back to the past with retro

songs. Mr. Thompson and Ms. Katz surprised the audience when they joined the seniors onstage.