Social Media Control

Social Media is a platform where you can post, or voice whatever you want. We know what’s happening in the news just by going on Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat. 

Even though it has affected most of us in the world and has created a great advance in the way we live, has it created problems?

Social media can take control over our lives. For example, kids on Snapchat post “shade” about each other, spread rumors that aren’t true, and cause bullying.

We are too focused on which filters to use and what we post, instead of our actual education.

Social Media is dangerous because you can post things you might regret and hurt yourself and/or others, but you can experience social withdrawal.  

WJPS Junior Cameron Gutmann said, “I get a lot of attention from people that have the same interests as me, which makes social media great.” 

Brittni Galindo, another WJPS junior said, “Social media affects people, people compare themselves a lot of time and they feel negative about themselves.” 

To prevent this problem, we should create awareness, so parents can control their child and limit their social media for their sake. Also, schools should have assemblies to raise awareness for students, so they could be aware of what they post online.