Resident Evil Village

Resident Evil Village

The company Capcom recently came out with their new game, Resident Evil Village, a first-person perspective survival horror game. This is the eighth game in the Resident Evil franchise and a sequel to Resident Evil Biohazard. 

The story begins in Resident Evil Village, where we are met with our main character Ethan Winters and his wife Mia living peacefully away from their nightmares. Well, they were until they were greeted by a tragedy once more. 

The BSAA captain Chriss Redfield attacks their home and kidnaps their daughter, Rosemary, and kills Mia in cold blood. Ethan must take on mutant creatures to save his daughter. 

The gameplay of the Resident Evil series is where you get money by doing missions, finding treasures, and killing these mutant creatures, then use that money to buy weapons to fight off these mutant creatures in a shop; in Resident Evil Village this is called the Duke. You can also buy other goodies such as healing components. 

Let’s see what others think about the game’s story and its endings. *No spoilers*

A teacher here at WJPS, Ms. Bonanni said, “I enjoyed the storyline because there are a lot of twists and turns. It had me on the edge of my seat! However, if I could change something, I would probably change the ending, because I don’t like cliffhangers!” 

A gamer Sayed Shah, a WJPS junior, said “I personally enjoy it. I feel that the game was perfect and it seems they put a good effort in.”

Another gamer, WJPS junior, Nicholas Martinez, said, “The game was amazing, the storyline was great and very entertaining the whole way through. The game was full of surprises and perfectly timed scares, overall I would give the game a solid 8.9/10 the ending was a solid conclusion to the story.”

In the end, this game has a cliffhanger and many can only hope that the next Resident Evil has more burning answers to the mysteries that are lurking in the Resident Evil Village game. 

“Resident Evil 7” by K-putt is licensed under CC BY-NC 2.0