Coachella 2024
Coachella 2024
May 22, 2024
NFL Draft Recap
NFL Draft Recap
May 17, 2024
Eternal Sunshine
Eternal Sunshine
May 16, 2024
FAFSA Turmoil
FAFSA Turmoil
May 14, 2024

Model UN students work towards a solution at the United Nations

Members of the school’s Model UN (United Nations) visited the United Nations headquarters. They were advised by their advisor, Ms. Fong. Photo attribution to Ms. Fong.

by Kay Kim, junior editor in chief

Members of the school’s Model UN (United Nations) visited the United Nations headquarters. They were advised by their advisor, Ms. Fong, on April 1st.

Students partook in a Model UN simulation. They were paired up and given a nation to research and find resolutions for. This school was assigned to Ecuador. Through various caucasus and formal debates, students proposed various ways to resolve the issues, such as maternal health, in Ecuador.

“Participation in Model UN fosters communication, mediation, and a more in depth awareness of the world that we live in. Our students were able to work with other delegates from different nations in preparing resolutions that will enable us to further acknowledge and address problems that the international community is facing,” Model UN advisor Ms. Fong said.