NFL Draft Recap
NFL Draft Recap
May 17, 2024
Eternal Sunshine
Eternal Sunshine
May 16, 2024
FAFSA Turmoil
FAFSA Turmoil
May 14, 2024

The Tragic Thrills thrill New York

The Tragic Thrills thrill New York City with a stop at The Studio at Webster Hall on their second tour. The guys put on a show that was different from your typical high energy concert. This concert was more laid back and focused on the music much to the fans delight. Picture taken by Aja Landolfi

by Aja Landolfi, junior co-editor in chief 

The Tragic Thrills is a small band from California. They have recently signed to Washington Square Records and are now embarking on their second tour. The Tragic Thrills took over The Studio at Webster Hall on Tuesday, February 10.

The Tragic Thrills took to the stage and put on a performance that was simple yet intricate. At times the music was soft with an acoustic guitar, while at other times it was louder with electric guitars and drums.

The band played some new, never before released songs that really surprised fans in the audience. Some of their new songs included “Paris”, “Lucid”, and “Maine”. Some songs that they played that were more well known by the audience were “Tears”, “Afterthoughts”, “Creeps & Strangers”, “Garden”, and “Fever”.

Even though The Tragic Thrills put on a show that made their fans happy, the venue did have an affect on the experience as a whole. The Studio at Webster Hall is a small, dark and dingy place. To get into the venue, concert goer’s  have to walk down a flight of stairs to a room that looks like an oversized basement. No matter where one went in the venue, they were in the dark. Even the bathrooms were poorly lit, with the sinks completely in the dark. This venue also didn’t provide a coat check, requiring jackets to be held the whole night. With the outside door constantly being opened and closed all night though, most people chose to keep their  jackets on.

“I thought the concert was really fun. The venue was kind of small and pretty packed. My favorite part of the night was seeing them perform, then getting to talk to two of the members [after the show]. The only party of the night I didn’t enjoy was waiting out in the cold before we were allowed to enter the venue. Overall I had a good time and wouldn’t mind seeing them perform again,” freshman Robyn Landolfi said.