NFL Draft Recap
NFL Draft Recap
May 17, 2024
Eternal Sunshine
Eternal Sunshine
May 16, 2024
FAFSA Turmoil
FAFSA Turmoil
May 14, 2024

Bring in jeans and save teens

Teens for Jeans is back, and the DoSomething club needs your help and support. There are boxes located at the elevators on each floor where you can place your jeans to help clothe people who are less fortunate and protect them from the brutal and these harsh weather conditions. There are benefits from donating to this cause, like jeans day passes and coupons, so go donate your jeans. Photo by Michelle Psaltakis

by Michelle Psaltakis, staff reporter 

Teens for jeans, hosted by the Do something club, collects jeans for homeless youth near the community.

On January 20, students were asked to bring in multiple pairs of jeans that will help out many teens keep warm for the winter. It ends on February 15, so bring jeans in as soon as possible.

“We donate jeans to Aeropostale, then the company goes back and they hand it out to people who don’t have clothes to wear. I think that’s important because jeans can be dressed up or dressed down,” Do something club president Alice Mungyu said.

Upon bringing in a pair of jeans, there will be a 15% coupon for Aeropostale and a jeans day pass. The Teens for jeans will end on February 15.

“This is a great way to get the community to come together and help one another out, even if its only for a few months,” PTA member Monica Giannakopoulos said.