PTA hosts Holiday Boutique

by Melanie Carmona, staff reporter

The Holiday Boutique is a annual fundraiser the PTA organizes, which allows students to purchase items for their loved ones and family. Good items being sold from this event are candles, picture frames, jewelry, and many more cool gifts for mom and dad and for your family members. Photo by Christopher Dadic.

PTA’s second annual Holiday Boutique will be taking place on Saturday, December 7th from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. Friends, students, parents/guardians, and educators are welcome to join by shopping, volunteering and donating.

“Last year I volunteered and I’m hoping that this year it’ll be more of a success due to having more of a variety [of things],” junior Susan Pistone said.

The Holiday Boutique will be held in the school cafeteria. The PTA already has vendors selling items like handmade Crochet items, make-up, jewelry, lost kids bracelets, and clothing. The PTA will also be selling snacks and refreshments.  The PTA is also currently in the process of getting a Food Vendor, who will be selling smoked meats.

“I’m actually looking forward to the boutique this year because I heard that this year they’ll have great items. Also I’m hoping it’s less expensive,” junior Emily Mcnamee said.

Money raised during the fundraiser will be used to fund various school events, such as graduation for the seniors and the stepping up ceremony for the 8th graders.

“As the budgets for schools decrease, schools are counting on all of us,” PTA treasurer Monica Giannakopoulos said. “We must step up to fill in the gap, so that our students have all the needed tools to succeed.”