Luis Suarez strikes and bites again

Luis Suarez, striker for the Barcelona futbol club, was said to have bitten another soccer player. Although nothing has been proven, there will be more attention for future allegations. Photo by public domain.

by Kerwin Arenas, Junior sports editor 

Luis Suarez played an amazing game last Tuesday. He was on target twice for Barcelona as they fend off Manchester city in Etihad Stadium but became center of controversy as spectators appear to think they saw the Uruguayan attempt to bite the Manchester city defender Martin Demichelis.

This isn’t the first time this incident has occurred with the Barcelona striker, as this is the  fourth time he has been put to question and punished for biting other players.

It first started in Ajax (a netherlands club) as he bit midfielder Otman Bakkal, then was punished again for bitting Chelsea left back Branislav Ivanovic while playing for Liverpool, and his most recent incident was in this summer world cup where he bit an italian defender

“I think he has some discipline issues that he needs to deal with but I also know that english sports reports always go over board on certain matters. Luis Suarez is an amazing player and is one of the top ten best players in the word right now. I respect him highly even though of the recent speculation that surround him,” junior Martin Vrankovic said.

UEFA (head officials of champions league) has released and confirmed recent information stating “nothing was mentioned in the [referee’s] report, and no action is being taken.”

This still does not make the striker clear, now UEFA officials will be paying a lot more attention to the Barcelona striker.