Obama’s victory: America continues to move ‘Forward’

by Ardhys De Leon, staff reporter

On Election day, people all over the country waited anxiously. To sure support for their candidate, thousands stood outside the White House, until finally the last count was in and the winner was…Barack Obama.

Barack Obama began the election with a vote count right behind Mitt Romney, a type of play which made it seem that Obama was going to lose. According to ABC News however, soon after Ohio’s votes were counted, Obama won the election with 303 electoral votes and became president of the United States for the second time. Presidential Election Results map can be seen here.

“I was upset when I saw Romney winning because I wanted Obama to win and then when I heard he won I was ecstatic,” junior Lisbeth Zea said.

In his acceptance speech, Obama promised to keep America moving forward. He will be working with both parties to solve current problems, like reducing the deficit and reforming the tax code. Obama also plans to make education a priority in this nation by working with colleges to lower tuition and amongst other addressing other issues during his term.
“He can’t do it on his own. He needs Republicans to share power. I do think that Republicans are going to be more willing to negotiate now that they know they have to deal with him for another four years,” Global Studies teacher Mr. Sosa said.

Obama’s victory was celebrated by many outside of the White House in Washington D.C, as well as through social media websites such as Facebook and Twitter.

“I actually had faith in him and I knew he was going to win. I was so happy when I saw that he won,” junior Dwanet Perry said.

“America is moving forward and Obama has assured this in his campaigns because the promises that have already been made in his campaign, have already been accomplished like not using Health Care as a voucher,” sophomore Daria Lee said.

“It’s great that he got elected once again, and that we wouldn’t have a terrible president, like Romney,” sophomore Brenda Montero said.