NFL Draft Recap
NFL Draft Recap
May 17, 2024
Eternal Sunshine
Eternal Sunshine
May 16, 2024
FAFSA Turmoil
FAFSA Turmoil
May 14, 2024

Steph Curry is crowned MVP

On May 4, 2016, Golden State Warrior, Stephan Curry was crowned MVP. He is the first unanimously won MVP, 2 years in a row at only 28 years old. Photo attributed to @StephenCurry30 official Twitter.

by Prabhdeep Dhami, junior sports editor

The Golden State Warriors guard, Stephen Curry, is the first unanimous MVP, winning the award two years in row. Curry took all 128 first place votes with Kawhi Leonard and Lebron James coming in second and third respectively.

Curry, 28, who returned from a MCL sprain in his knee, scored 40 points and an NBA record of 17 points in overtime to give the Warriors a 3-1 lead in the Western Semi-Finals.

“It wasn’t a surprise that he won. He’s going to go down as one of the greatest players of all time. It was well deserved, if you can break the 400 barrier and lead a team to a 72-0 record, you deserve to win. The guy averaged 30 points per game,” junior Tydian Sylla said.

Curry led the Warriors to a NBA record setting start to the season at 24-0 as well as breaking the NBA winningest record at 73-9, eclipsing the 95-96 Chicago Bulls at 72-10. He also broke the 400 three point make barrier finishing with 402, while breaking his own record of three’s made in a season, passing the 286 makes he made in the 2014-15 season.

View Comments (1)