NFL Draft Recap
NFL Draft Recap
May 17, 2024
Eternal Sunshine
Eternal Sunshine
May 16, 2024
FAFSA Turmoil
FAFSA Turmoil
May 14, 2024

Appreciating teachers

Teacher Appreciation week is a week where teachers are celebrated and recognized for all they do. It is held from May 2nd to May 6th. Photo attribution to vbecker on Flickr.

by Nicole Yu, staff reporter

Teacher Appreciation week is a week where teachers are celebrated and recognized for all they do. It is held from May 2nd to May 6th.

“For Teacher Appreciation Day, I wrote to Dr. Baribault because I really think he is a cool teacher. He is very smart, and taught me a lot of things. Even though I forgot almost everything he taught me in Chemistry, I will always remember that he told me bananas are radioactive and can give the security guards a heart attack in airports,” junior Cleo Zhang said.

Students were given the opportunity to write to their favorite teachers on April 22nd, by an email sent from Mrs. Reed. The letters were to be handed out to the teachers on Teacher Appreciation Day, which lands annually on May 3rd.

“I felt very appreciated. I also felt good that I had an impact on a certain amount of students and that they took time to write those to me,” physics teacher Ms. Katz said.

Many teachers, such as Ms. Katz, Dr. Baribault, Ms. Papazoglou, and Mr. Gardner got letters from students.

“It was very nice. It did make me feel appreciated and the students had lovely comments,” middle school science teacher Dr. Baribault said.

The teachers agreed that they felt acknowledged by the students when they got the letters. Writing letters to the teachers helped them actually know that they’re appreciated for all they do.

“[I felt] wonderful. It was very fulfilling to hear that we, as teachers, are appreciated by students. From my perspective, the students are the reason I do this. It’s nice to know they see how hard we work,” math teacher Mr. Gardner said.