11th graders visit the Museum of Jewish Heritage

“We got a better insight to what we learned in class that we couldn’t have learned through books and articles. The museum showed us that genocide is still going on,” English teacher Mrs. Marks said. Photo attributions to Melissa Chen.

by Melissa Chen, staff reporter

Juniors visited the Museum of Jewish Heritage on November 12 to learn more about The Holocaust genocide that impacted the world in many ways.

Tour guides gave groups of students a tour of the museum by showing them artifacts and taking them step by step through the events that happened before, during, and after The Holocaust.

“I learned about various genocides that happened in the past. It was interesting to listen to personal stories about The Holocaust. Overall, the museum was a beautiful and interesting place,” junior Sophie Chianese said.

Even though the trip was shortened because one of the buses broke down, students claimed that they had a good time.

“We got a better insight to what we learned in class that we couldn’t have learned through books and articles. The museum showed us that genocide is still going on,” English teacher Mrs. Marks said.

After visiting the museum, students got an idea of what The Holocaust was like and were able to relate their ideas back to the book they read in class, Night by Elie Wiesel.