NFL Draft Recap
NFL Draft Recap
May 17, 2024
Eternal Sunshine
Eternal Sunshine
May 16, 2024
FAFSA Turmoil
FAFSA Turmoil
May 14, 2024

The Weeknd hits Madison Square Garden

“The Weeknd is an amazing singer. He sounds so good live, his range amazes me. If he isn’t vocalist of the year, I’d be upset. I can’t think of anyone who deserves it more,” freshman from Cardozo High School Cristal Gonzalez said. Photo attributions to Madeline Heinsen.

by Madeline Heinsen, staff reporter

“NEW YORK, I think it’s safe to say we’re here to stay, right?”

Canadian artist, The Weeknd, reminisced with his fans about his long standing relationship with New York City, when playing at Madison Square Garden on Monday, November 16th for his Fall Madness tour.

Travis Scott opened up the show, performing the most popular songs from his new studio album, including Rodeo”. After his 20 minute set, Banks also performed some of her most recent singles like “Goddess” and led off the start of the show.

“The Weeknd is an amazing singer. He sounds so good live, his range amazes me. If he isn’t vocalist of the year, I’d be upset. I can’t think of anyone who deserves it more,”  freshman from Cardozo High School Cristal Gonzalez said.

The Weeknd performed all of the songs on his studio album, “Beauty Behind The Madness,” including “Angel,” “Tell your Friends” and “Can’t Feel My Face.” He then performed previous singles from his old albums such as, “Earned it”, “Often” and “Or Nah”.  He hosted three shows in NYC, two at Barclays Center in Brooklyn and one at Madison Square Garden.

“I wanted to go to the concert so bad. They [tickets] sold out pretty quick and were so expensive. I was really upset that I couldn’t get my hands on a couple of tickets,” senior Adriana Anez said.

Claiming the he’d be back soon, he remains true to his word and will be returning to New York City in December for Jingle Ball.