Tasty Review

Tasty+Review

Angelina Loiacono, Opinion Reporter 

The Oasis Cafe is located on Northern Boulevard in Flushing, within walking distance of WJPS.

It is owned by a family with a “long running” Greek ancestry and is known for its tasty pastries and a variety of signature recipes. 

There is an option of indoor and outdoor patio dining which is currently under renovation. The indoor area consists of a pastry section, while further in, it has a dining room and an upstairs area of many tables and sections to eat at the restaurant.

The pastry section is the best part. There is a huge variety of pastries to choose from. They are authentic using Greek ingredients and recipes. Their design and baking techniques are very unique.

The staff is very polite and ready to help the customer. Although, it seems that they are a bit short on waiting staff. The dining room was full to capacity and only one waiter, with two busboys helping out the waiter.

There was a mix up either in the kitchen or in the waiter taking the order, but there was a long delay with the food order being placed. Once the order was received it was worth the wait. The fruity refreshments were delicious, along with the savory and unique sandwiches and appetizers. 

Depending on certain times of day and different weekdays there may not be some foods and drinks. Or they may be lacking certain ingredients. 

Overall, The Oasis Cafe has a lot to offer both sweet and savory. The dining atmosphere is very appealing and calm, to either have a meal with co-workers or a quiet place to study for finals.