Server Outages

Server+Outages

Over the past few weeks, many Americans have faced issues while using the popular online shopping site. This is due to the fact that Amazon Web Services have been dealing with multiple outages recently, causing connectivity issues as a result.

People on the other end of Amazon are also feeling the effects, as employees are encountering issues with apps used for making deliveries, creating problems such as the inability to view delivery routes or scan packages.

Lots of companies rely on AWS for its cloud computing services, which means many of them are also facing outages. This includes Netflix, Hulu, DoorDash, and Twitch.

In addition to this, security issues arose from AWS outages. Amazon’s Ring was affected, leaving some people locked out of their homes, as many users rely on the Ring app to unlock their doors. Also, the outages prevented access to Ring doorbell cameras, leaving people who use Ring for home protection vulnerable.

Leon Pantoja, a senior at WJPS said, “I feel bad for people who needed to use Amazon, but couldn’t because of the outages.”

Another senior at WJPS, Nicholas Martinez said, “If Amazon doesn’t get their problems resolved quickly, then people are going to start buying from other companies.”

“AWS – Amazon Web Services Office in Houston, Texas” by Tony Webster is licensed under CC BY 2.0