DoorDash’s Safety Protocol

The popular food delivery platform, DoorDash, is introducing a new safety feature to their app called SafeDash.

The app’s new addition is powered by security firm ADT and is aimed towards ensuring the safety of workers while they carry out their deliveries. SafeDash has a “safety reassurance call” option that connects users with an agent via call in case they need help.

Alternatively, the “emergency assistance button” feature can discreetly connect the user to an ADT agent who will communicate via text or contact 911. 

SafeDash is set to be first released in New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Detroit, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. However, the company stated that everyone will have access to it by the end of the year. 

WJPS senior Meghan Graham said, “I think it’s expected considering the pandemic and how digital we’ve become. More people might depend on this service and more people might work for it. It seemed inevitable, but it’s a good thing since it’s safer for the workers.” 

Another WJPS senior, Madison Oliphant, said, “I really feel like this is a good idea. Delivery workers aren’t really safe because they’re constantly in new or different neighborhoods. I think this will make their jobs safer, especially since many might have a car or a bike that could get robbed.” 

“Doordash” by mag3737 is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0