Is Remote Learning Better Than In Person Learning?

Covid – 19 placed many students around the world into remote learning for people’s safety. 

However, online schooling has had it’s positive effects and negative effects.

Online learning can easily distract students by staying at home. It could be very difficult to focus when you have your t.v,  bed, video games, and phone right near you. 

Being taught virtually through a screen can be very hard. It could not have the same effects to understanding the material as much compared to in-person schooling. 

On the other hand, it benefits students with anxiety. Students with anxiety would face presentations and being called on in-person school.

With online learning, that cannot happen anymore.

There are also many new tools and websites that make it fun for kids to learn virtually.

However, with in-person learning, it was much easier to understand and learn subjects with face-to-face contact.  There were many teacher aides, and social aspects involved in group work. 

“Online learning has improved my grades by allowing me to work on my asssigments at my own pace without the pressure of being in school before,” said WJPS senior, Cameron Gutmann. 

“I think online learning is challenging because we are expected to learn hard classes in an environment we never had before,” said WJPS senior, Sabrina Micallef.

I do agree with the fact that in-person learning is much better than remote learning, given the circumstances. However, students and teachers should try to make online learning fun, to make it better.

“computer students” by Opedagogen is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0