Tired of being home but still want to stay safe? Here are some safe out-of-home activities

Even though  public places are beginning to open and more people aren’t fully quarantining, the pandemic is still a very pressing issue in our lives. However, if you are tirelessly bored of staying home yet still want to stay safe during this pandemic here are some safe out of home activities to do. 

Warning: Always remember when doing these activities to always practice mask usage and social distancing.

1. Picnic

“Picnic” by KFoodaddict is licensed under CC BY 2.0

A picnic in a park is especially lovely during this fall season when the leaves are changing colors, but the weather isn’t fully cold yet. The park is a perfect place to go as it is a large open space where you can be distanced from most people and still enjoy the beauty of nature.

2. Bike ride

If you want something more active to do, then go bike riding. This is a great activity to do with your friends and family where you can let all of your energy go. Plus there are so many places you can go bike riding, for example a great place to ride would be the beach side. 

3. Pumpkin picking

This activity is a more time captivating one as you can spend your day walking through a farm picking apples or pumpkins with friends. As well as most pumpkin/apple picking farms tend to have a bakery so you can always have a nice treat before you leave. These farms however tend to run by appointment to maintain social distancing and overall have less people at a time, so keep this in mind when planning.

4. Road Trip 

A road trip is a great activity to do whenever you’re bored! It doesn’t need planning and you don’t even need to go anywhere special. You can simply just drive around places you would love to see or go somewhere more specific you have in mind.

5. Hiking

“Hiking Trail” by darrellrhodesmiller is licensed under CC BY-NC 2.0

Finally,  this is another activity that would be a bit more energy consuming than the others. Nonetheless it is still such a fun thing to do as you can take all your time walking, talking with friends, and enjoying nature. There are so many great places and trails to go hiking on with such beautiful sights!