Halo Reach Returns

In early December, Halo Reach was rereleased on Microsoft Windows marking the first full main Halo game on PC since Halo 2 Vista’s release in over a decade.

It was released as a part of Halo The Master Chief Collection, a collective of most of the Halo games released on the Xbox 360 console, being the game to begin the series’ return to PC.

Halo Reach’s re-release has an upgraded graphical resolution (Full HD on Xbox One, Ultra HD on Xbox One X) and runs at 60 frames per second, with the PC release having the ability to change these display settings, as well as a field-of-view changer for in-game visuals.

The PC release includes Campaign, Multiplayer, and Firefight modes initially, plus the option to start the game with limited access and the anti-cheat software disabled to allow for modifications. While Forge and Theater will be released in the future. Console release will feature these modes as a full game addition for Halo The Master Chief Collection.

A new progression system was also developed for the game, changing the customization from armour sets and colors, to individual armor pieces, attachments, and colors, which is paired with a system that allows for armor and voice unlocks for the Firefight mode.