Coachella 2024
Coachella 2024
May 22, 2024
NFL Draft Recap
NFL Draft Recap
May 17, 2024
Eternal Sunshine
Eternal Sunshine
May 16, 2024

New York City’s Vape Ban

All flavored E-cigarettes and vapes are to be banned from being sold in New York City when a city council proposal becomes law. The law’s sponsors expect it to pass before the year is over, and some vape retailers say it will put them out of business.

A variety of groups, including the American Heart Association and students from the Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine, recently gathered to show support for the ban.

E-cigarettes and vaping devices, with seven billion dollars in annual sales, have become a part of daily life for many Americans. The youth’s use of flavored E-cigarettes has skyrocketed. This has become an epidemic in the United States, and especially in New York City. 

The problem is not with the flavors; the problem is the access these kids have to these products and the lack of enforcement of sensible regulations. 

In my opinion, this has gone too far. Not only are adults exposed to this danger, but so are young teenagers who do it to look cool or fit in with the rest of the teenagers who do it as well. This is affecting the youth of New York greatly and it needs to be stopped. Because of this, I agree with the ban on vaping and believe it needs to be put into action immediately.