A look inside Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin West

American architect, Frank Lloyd Wright, designed around 1,000 structures and completed 532. At Taliesin West in Scottsdale, Arizona, tourists are able to visit Wright’s home and studio.

Visitors to the Taliesin West can learn about Wright’s life and examine the interior and exterior of the house. Taliesin West also features a part of The School of Architecture at Taliesin, which was started by Wright in 1932. 

Wright was known for creating “organic architecture,” a concept where structures are built to complement their environment. 

Taliesin West’s design is geometric with Japanese art elements and focuses on space. The structure incorporates rocks and sand from the Sonoran Desert to blend in with the landscape. 

When asked about his opinion on Wright’s work, senior Matthew Batista from World Journalism Preparatory School commented, “Frank Lloyd Wright’s work has undoubtedly influenced those who are interested in architecture, such as myself. For example, the most culturally recognized work of Frank Lloyd Wright is the Guggenheim Museum. The unique, cylinder design, along with its continuous spiraling ramp in the interior portion, along with nature being in harmony with the museum, has made this site one of the most interesting and creative structures for architects to study.”