NFL Draft Recap
NFL Draft Recap
May 17, 2024
Eternal Sunshine
Eternal Sunshine
May 16, 2024
FAFSA Turmoil
FAFSA Turmoil
May 14, 2024

The Dinosaur Problem

If you’ve ever had to use the computers at World Journalism Preparatory School, you may have come across the yellow and black laptops labeled “Thinkpad.” 

If you’re lucky, they’ll be fully charged and ready to go. If you’re unlucky, they’ll either be out of battery or have no reception. Now, this could be a huge problem for students who require laptops in order to do their classwork or need a quick Google search without using their phones and getting in trouble.

All that effort is thwarted when the computers just refuse to work or have no connection to WiFi. “I find it real dumb and difficult when I can’t do my work just because the WiFi isn’t fixed for the computer yet,” says Frankie Locisano, a senior attending World Journalism Preparatory School, “It interferes with my broadcast work when I need to edit footage for The Highlight.”

Justin Hamid, a senior who attends World Journalism Preparatory School says “Yeah, it’. s really annoying when I try to do my science work and the computers don’t work.”

It seems to be an issue only the school can solve, due to the fact that when the students try to enable the WiFi themselves they get locked out resulting in the Google dinosaur game to pop up.