NFL Draft Recap
NFL Draft Recap
May 17, 2024
Eternal Sunshine
Eternal Sunshine
May 16, 2024
FAFSA Turmoil
FAFSA Turmoil
May 14, 2024

Money for Dirt

Gamestop is a place for people who like video games to gather and purchase items that show their love for video games. However, Gamestop seems to have a few flaws on how they do business with their customers.

One of their biggest flaws has to do with their sell/trade system that allows customers to exchange their video games and video game hardware for cash or in store credit. The system has been declared by many as a “ripoff” or “unfair” because customers feel like they are not getting the amount they deserve.

According to Gamestop’s trade in a policy posted on Gamestop.com, customers will receive “full credit” if the product is at top working condition. However, in most cases the customer does not get the full value of the product even though it’s in perfect condition.

“It’s basically a ripoff when you can sell them on eBay or another site for more,” says WJPS senior, Brandon Levy. WJPS junior Lukas Tarraro says, “Gamestop isn’t giving me the full value of my games, like I could bring 10 Xbox 360 games in perfect condition and get only like 20 dollars.”

Overall, I enjoy the wide selection of games Gamestop has to offer, but I feel that it’s unfair to customers that they aren’t getting their money’s worth for their games and hardware.