Upstate New York College Trip

The WJPS guidance office is organizing an overnight trip for students to visit three different types of colleges. The mode of transportation will be by coach bus from November 30th to December 1st. This trip departs from WJPS at 7am and returns to WJPS at 9pm. 

The deadline to sign up for the trip was November 1st, with a $160 fee. It includes transportation, one room for four students at Comfort Inn, one breakfast, two lunches and one dinner. 

This trip is limited in the number of seats, so it’s first come first served. 

The three colleges students will be visiting are SUNY Cortland, Syracuse University and Ithaca College. The option of payment includes cash payment to Mr. Lumetta and online payment through TicketLeap. Permission slips are to be handed in to Mr. Lumetta. 

On this trip, students will be walking around campus getting an idea on the different kinds of college courses and experience. 

WJPS guidance counselor, Mr. Lumetta said, “The purpose of the trip is to give students a feeling on what campuses are like and also allow us to see colleges that are not near our geographical area. It’s good to go on the trip for students to understand what it was like.”

“Overnight trips bring the grade together to form stronger relationships,” commented WJPS senior Lauren Conte.

Crouse College ~ Syracuse University ~ Syracuse NY” by Onasill ~ Bill is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0.