Another 28? Seriously?

Waiting for the bus after school is always an inconvenient occurrence, especially when all you want to do is go home and relax after a long day. The Q76 bus makes that a lot more difficult.

Picture this: it’s another afternoon and you’re waiting at the bus stop. You check the online bus schedule, only to find it saying, “Q76 – 15 minutes, Q28 – two minutes.”

You sigh and prepare for the annoying wait, hoping that the bus won’t be full when it eventually does arrive. You check the schedule again – after the 15-minute bus, now it’s a 30-minute wait. 

What is it about the Q76 bus that makes it arrive so infrequently? Why are there always three Q28 buses followed by one Q76 bus?

It’s safe to say that many people have been faced with the inconvenience of the Q76 bus. 

WJPS senior Meghan Graham said, “The 76 is incredibly inconsistent when I need to take it, whereas the 28 is so smooth in comparison. There will be days or weeks where the 76 runs smoothly, and others when it runs two or three times an hour.”

WJPS senior Trinity Andujar said, “I dislike the schedule, I am disappointed in it, and I wish they would put more 76 buses out.”

The schedule of these MTA buses is an inconvenience to many WJPS students. It begs the question: why isn’t it more organized?