Should Canada Reopen?

The Covid-19 pandemic affected many countries throughout the world, causing global lockdowns. 

As of June 2021, globally there are less restrictions due to vaccination rates increasing, and people are slowly and safely going back to normal while maintaining their lives. 

There is a different situation occurring in Canada. 

After 14 months of closing businesses, borders, and schools, the prime minister, Justin Trudeau stands by continuing this lockdown until the vaccination rates get up to 75%. 

Trudeau stands by that there will be no rush into opening the border. However, travel is open, but you would need to quarantine three days at a government hotel that costs over one thousand dollars. 

You would then need to be surveillanced under many circumstances into quarantine again for 14 days after staying at your hotel. 

This includes fully vaccinated people having to stay in those restrictions. 

I believe that this is a ridiculous way, and disregards any consideration for people’s lives in Canada. 

However, the prime minister will soon allow vaccinated travelers into Canada, but there is not a specific date yet. 

Yes, we need to keep people safe, however as vaccinations come, the country should work quickly with people’s second dose. 

While the country has been closed for over a year, it is affecting many people’s mental health by being locked up or not seeing their families. 

“Doctor or Nurse Wearing Medical Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Against The Flag Of Canada” by focusonmore.com is licensed under CC BY 2.0