Covid-19 Vaccinated Teens

Recently, the COVID-19 vaccine eligibility in New York has expanded to anyone over the age of 16. 

Earlier this year, I had mentioned wanting to get the vaccine because I believed that it would help the stop of the virus, though due to my severe allergies I thought I would hold off on getting the vaccine until who knows when. 

However, in the beginning of 2021 both my parents got COVID-19, which made me eager to receive the vaccine.

Similar to my situation, WJPS junior, Bianca Cavounis said, “I mean as a person who had COVID in April of 2020 and saw my mom go through the worst side effects from it, I think getting the vaccine is a good opportunity.”

“If I’m being honest I was hesitant at first because I felt as if the vaccine might not be developed enough, but that’s just a thought based on speculations from what I’ve seen,” said Cavounis. 

When booking an appointment, I was very hesitant too. However, I knew that it would be worth it because it had been so long since the first administration of the first vaccine. Not to mention, there has been such a positive turnover;  I was more than willing to receive the vaccine. 

Receiving the Pfizer vaccine was a breeze, I had felt the littlest pinch and the biggest surge of happiness because I was vaccinated. I truly believe I have made the right decision. 

On the other hand, WJPS junior Sarah Hussian, said “I wouldn’t get it right now just because it’s too early to actually see how it affects you and I’ve seen too many people have bad reactions to it.”

I will say, though I was very happy to receive my vaccine, I did sleep through the following three days after receiving my vaccine. As an active person, I was quite surprised as I felt drained of energy the following days. 

“Syringe and Vaccine” by NIAID is licensed under CC BY 2.0