Blended learning is back, is this a splendid idea?

Well, you’ve heard all about it, high school students are allowed to return to blended learning, The question is, is this decision a good one, or a bad one? 

As we know, blended learning temporarily shut down back in November 2020, leaving kids stuck at home for the winter. At first many were incredibly disappointed, and lost hope that this pandemic would ever be over. 

However, as time went on, people slowly adjusted to this new way of life and it just became the new normal. 

Every student reacted differently to online school. Some embraced it and saw their grades boost immediately, while others took it as a chance to skip school altogether. 

In my experience, I was absolutely devastated at first. When schools briefly reopened for October, I was thrilled However, it was nowhere near the same as before, and I believe others caught on. 

Slowly but surely, I adjusted to online classes, and slipped into a nice routine, where I could be comfortable and get my work done. When it was announced just a few days ago that blended was reopening, I was honestly disappointed. 

Especially being that only students who were previously in blended learning and who opted into it in November, I just don’t see the point. 

I think the best plan is to finish the 2020-2021 school year fully online, Let Covid take it’s final breaths, and start fresh in September. 

WJPS junior Nick Martinez said, “It has it’s pros and cons, people may study better in school with less distractions, but I still don’t agree.”

WJPS junior Akiah James said, “With the cases in New York City, I really don’t think it’s safe at all, and that it’s just another vulnerable spot for cases to once again go up exponentially in the city.” 

“Cal Poly classroom” by mellen_petrich is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0