Dubai Prepares For 2021 Global Expedition

By: Gabriela Mogrovejo, Features Reporter

Organizers are preparing for Dubai’s 2021 Exposition a year before its set date. This expedition was supposed to take place this month and open its doors to the public, but due to Covid-19 it had to be pushed to October of 2021.

This is the first world expo taking place in the Middle East. The expo was expected to have at least 25 million visitors and 190 countries represented at the event during its six month duration. 

This event would be Dubai’s first world expo. The earnings Dubai was awarded back in 2013 will be used to evolve a 1,000 acre site and a transportation system throughout the city for the upcoming project. 

Dubai plans to recycle 80% of the materials used in the event to make future residential developments. The Dubai Emirates has high hopes for the events and its efforts to make Dubai a more welcoming place.

Though the event itself doesn’t start until next year, tourists are allowed to observe the development of the expo with Covid precautions.

“I think the expo site looks really amazing, especially considering the circumstances of Covid-19,” said WJPS junior Nyla Briones. 

“The event itself looks very interesting as it is, it looks very engaging. I like how precautions were taken due to Covid, I would like to attend this event,” said Autumn Wenske, a high school student.

“Expo 2020 DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES” by Jikatu licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0