The Triple Threat is Back in Action

By Colleen Fox, entertainment editor

After a four year break from music, and a focus on acting, Justin Timberlake makes a comeback with his new album “The 20/20 Experience.”

The long awaited album was released this past month, with also the release of the new number one hit, “Suit and Tie,” featuring Jay-Z. He’s also made long awaited appearances on talk shows, as well as Saturday Night Live, where he was both the host and the musical guest.

“I saw Justin Timberlake’s episode of Saturday Night Live and he was amazing. I loved his skit with vegan ville and the fact that old regulars were back on like Steve Martin,” said senior, Rocio Bauer.

Justin Timberlake always believed he was going to take a break from music, telling Rolling Stone, “I will not be the type of artist that puts out 10 to 15 albums.”

Two weeks before the “Suit and Tie” came on the radio, Timberlake placed a video on youtube which blew up in a matter of hours. It discussed that he took a break to create something that he was ultimately proud of, and that he was ready to release something more.

With the release of a new album, in most cases, comes with a tour following it.  It is confirmed that Justin Timberlake will have a tour for his album, and speculated that Jay-Z may join the tour as well. Until then, New Yorkers will get a taste of the tour when Timberlake, accompanied by Jay-Z, will hold a concert at Yankee Stadium.

“I really hope to get tickets for the concert. I already saw him once before there and it’s a lot of fun. It’s a completely different experience because you’re at the stadium,” said sophomore Ysbel Hernandez.

Those who think this will be the end of Justin Timberlake acting for a few years should think again, for he’s starring in two films this year: Runner Runner and The Last Drop.

Whether someone is a fan of Justin Timberlake’s acting or singing, everyone will be pleased with the big year ahead for this triple threat.